Monday, September 9, 2013

Summer comes to an end, School gonna start soon!

Reviewing my summer, what have I exactly done?

  1. Volunteering in school (Educational Park, to be specific), sort of like practicum. I learned more about Caring Education. It is not just an ideology or philosophy! I see the teachers practicing it in their daily lives!
  2. Having some spiritual retreat, affirming what I really want in my life.
  3. Going back to Singapore, volunteering again, most of the time. I did meet up with some old friends, and visited my teachers as well. I did spend more quality time with my family than before. Though I was back in Singapore, I was still busy settling some Taiwan related work. I was really hectic. But the people who made me feel heart warming when I was back in Singapore, were the group of friends, who are now the graduates from the same high school as me. We were facing the same situation together, and it is always great to have someone who really understand you.
  4. Back in Taiwan again. I went volunteering, again, in a youth camp, as public relations this time round. I get to know outstanding students from other universities in Taiwan. It is spiritual uplifting, I thought. I am really happy!
  5. I went back to Educational Park before my school starts. The teachers are awesome! Actually, I brought some negative thoughts and emotions back from Singapore. I knew I was wrong, and my soul certainly needed some treatment. So I eventually went back to school. I was expecting some harsh exhortation from teachers. But surprisingly, no. They didn't blame me for my faults. Instead, the teachers were trying to educate me in all situations, giving me the right cognition, or they, themselves, set great examples for me to learn from.

Once again, thank you so much for those who have contributed during my summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment